Don't pay attention to the sloppiness of my picture taking, but I just wanted to show all the incredible flavors that you get out of this dish. (Olives,artichoke, tomatoes, capers, garlic... you can see it all!)
I had this pasta at Johnny Carino's Intalian Restaurant two weeks ago and it was so amazing that I have not been able to stop thinking about it. Adam and I studied the dish that I was eating at Johnny Carino's and figured out that it shouldn't be that difficult to recreate. (And there was a leaf next to this dish on their menu meaning it's a low calorie dish which is always a plus!) My gift to myself for my birthday yesterday and my treat for being alone on my birthday was to try and make this dish. It took me around 10 minutes to cook it up and it probably would have taken less time if I wasn't watching Minute to Win it at the same time and was distracted. Hence the sloppiness looking of the dish and there was no one to impress so I just slapped in on a plate. But that's what I love about pasta dishes too- they don't have to be pretty because their taste makes up for it and they are supposed to get everywhere. Oh, and I have discovered that my new favorite flavor comes from a little thing called capers. Sooooo good!!
Angel Hair and Artichoke Pasta
Servings: 3-4
4 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves fresh garlic, finely diced
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped black olives
1/4 cup capers (or more if you love them as much as I do)
1 small jar of Artichoke hearts
Angel hair pasta
Start boiling water to cook the pasta in. The sauteing part of everything else is really quick so you need to make sure your noodles don't put you behind.
Saute garlic in olive oil until done.
Add tomatoes, olives, capers, and artichoke hearts. Saute
Place cooked pasta in the pan with your sauce and mix it around. (I hear that's how the professionals do it)
Your done! Place on a plate and enjoy!!
The sauce. I cooked mine a little longer than I would have liked and the tomatoes began to get a little soggy, so beware of over sauteing.
Place pasta in the sauce and mix it around till it looks like......
......this! I'm sure yours will turn out prettier than mine. But it still looks yummy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment