Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Green Pistachio French Toast

I was craving French toast all day today but it's St. Patrick's day so I could only eat 1) Irish foods or 2) Green foods. French toast doesn't fit in either of those categories, so I googled "St. Patrick's day French Toast" to see if there were any recipes I could make. Nothing really popped up so I just googled "French Toast" thinking that I could just dye the egg and milk mixture green. Then I found a recipe that used vanilla pudding in the dip with the egg and milk. It sounded good so I went to my cupboard to see if I had any vanilla pudding. I didn't, BUT, I did have pistachio pudding which is green! It was so yummy and flavorful and it is bright green! Perfect for this green day.

Green Pistachio French Toast

1 egg
1 - 1 1/2 cups milk
1 package instant pistachio pudding (You can use any pudding flavor you want, but this one makes it green)
Texas toast (I didn't have Texas toast so I just used regular white bread)

Whisk egg, milk, and pudding package together for about 2 minutes until well mixed. It turns out pretty thick so if you want it a little thiner, add more milk or add water.

Heat up large skillet or griddle. Dip bread into the egg/milk/pudding mixture, both sides like you would regular French toast making sure the whole surface is covered. Melt butter on the skillet and cook your French toast on it to desired state.
Green Goodness!
Put butter and syrup on it or whatever you would like!

No comments:

Post a Comment