Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries



I made these for lunch today and I kind of burned them, so watch out when you bake them. I had it with some yummy fry sauce I made myself.

Sweet Potato Fries

2 sweet potatoes
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar (I added more)
salt
pepper
cumin (optional)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. I should have done it a little lower, it just depends on how hot your oven gets. Cut potatoes into fry size pieces or into wedges. Place on cookie sheet and pour olive oil over it and toss around to cover all the fry pieces. Then add brown sugar, salt, pepper, and a little cumin if you would like and mix is around so it covers the fries as well. Make sure there is only a single layer of fries and they aren't piled up on top of each other. Bake for about 10 minutes (make sure to watch!). Then take out and flip the fries over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. If they are bigger pieces, they will need to go longer, if they are smaller they will need to go shorter.

Dip in ketchup or fry sauce!

Fry sauce

3 tablespoons mayonaise
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tsp pickle relish (optional)

Mix all ingredients together

No comments:

Post a Comment